It reads like a pork-fest (yick!):
- Kuhl Announces Odessa Fire Grant ($20,728)
- Kuhl Announces Knapp Creek Fire Grant ($27,727)
- Kuhl Announces Middlesex Fire Grant ($33,117)
- Kuhl Announces Grant for Canandaigua Airport ($46,550)
- Kuhl Announces Grant for Penn Yan Airport ($338,271)
- Kuhl Secures Monroe County Fairgrounds Funds ($100,000)
- Kuhl Announces Federal Assistance to Watkins ($150,000)
- Kuhl and Walsh Secure Funds for RIT ($1,000,000)
- Kuhl Secures Funds for Hylan Drive ($350,000)
- Kuhl Announces Federal Help to Troupsburg ($192,000)
- Kuhl Secures Funds for St. Bonaventure University ($400,000)
- Kuhl Secures Funds for Monroe Community College ($300,000)
- Kuhl Secures Funds for Alfred University ($900,000)
- Kuhl Secures Funds for Elmira College ($250,000)
$4,108,393.00 - and that's just for his news from July 17 - July 25, 2007!
Each and every one of these is a local and/or private concern that should be funded with local and/or private money.
Dear Representative Kuhl: Instead of trying to bring back as much pork as possible to our region, could you please cut out the pork spending from our region and nation wide? You push for tax relief on your campaign website - cutting pork will allow you to do exactly that. Perhaps a read of of Dale Frank's essay on the morality of tax policy is in order?