Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Of Politicians, Toilets and Salt

I've been linking to stuff written by Don Boudreaux over at Cafe Hayek like it's none of my business lately, but he has yet another gem I'd like to point out.

This time it's an opinion piece that ran this past Friday in the Pittsburgh Tribune Review entitled "Sweet Land of Liberty?".

Here's the introduction:


In this sweet land of liberty it is surprising how readily we modern Americans let others rule us. I'm not talking about Americans letting some foreign government rule us. That won't happen anytime soon. There's no risk that, say, we will quietly surrender to an invading army sent from the likes of Moscow or Beijing.

I'm talking about being ruled by homegrown politicians and petty tyrants who butt their noses into the sizes of our toilets, the amount of salt we consume and countless other provinces of our daily lives.


I highly encourage giving the full piece a read.

No comments: