Monday, January 14, 2008

This and That

This, Senators Obama and Clinton, is called progress.

And this is another reason I'm gravely concerned about the general '08 election. Any disagreements with Clinton will be painted as sexism; with Obama, racism.

That is how much car prices are going to go up thanks to the new CAFE standards. ($6,000 ... thanks Congress and President Bush!)

And this is why "the idea that the United States, the world's single largest energy consumer, can be independent of the $5 trillion-per-year energy business -- the world's single biggest industry -- is ludicrous on its face". (H/T Pejman Yousefzadeh @ Redstate)

And, finally, that is the kind of 2008 change I'm looking for ... (market-driven).

Oh, OK, one more ... this (read the comments...) is yet another example of the left-leaning community that is Digg failing engage in anything that even approaches civil discourse. It's also a prime example of why I ditched Digg however many months ago, and why I'm glad I've never looked back.

Update: OK, really, just one more: This is reason #7,567,981 Planned Parenthood is evil. (My tax dollars at work, ending lives. That helps me sleep at night. Sign the petition [please!])

No comments: