Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Thoughts Exactly - Wishing President Obama Well

McQ at QandO:


Unlike the left, I’m not playing this "he's not my President" nonsense. I may not have voted for him, but he is my President. And I wish him well. That doesn't mean, however, that he has my blessing to do things to which I am philosophically opposed. I will vigorously oppose those things. What I don't plan on doing is descending into personal attacks and hate-filled rhetoric that so characterized much of the left's opposition this past 8 years. What I do plan on doing is reminding the left about how they acted in the same situation.

...

All of that said, I wish President Obama success on those things in which we find common ground. And I promise him dogged but respectful opposition to those on which we disagree. I understand, no matter how much we disagree, that in reality Barack Obama has the best interest of the country at heart. But the same stands true for me. However, as the left never seems to learn, opposition does not have to mean hate.



President Obama: You are my President and you have my best wishes. May God grant you the wisdom to sustain and improve the great country of ours over the next four years.

No comments: